Foundation Course in Western Veterinary Herbal Medicine
June 4th – 7th 2021, Online
September 17th – 20th 2021: We are hoping to host this course in person, depending on covid restrictions. We will keep this section updated closer to the time.
Cost for Online Course:
** 5% discount on the June course if registered before April 9, 2021
This course is very much a practical and hands on course and is something that we pride ourselves on. The decision to go online has not been taken lightly. We feel that it is important to see, smell and taste the herbs to fully understand and appreciate them.
To ensure that delegates are still getting as much of the hands-on aspects we will send delegates a package of herb samples for tasting and for practical sessions for you to do at home.
This package is included in the cost of the course and will contain:
1) 20+ samples of tinctures
2) Samples of dried herbs
3) Oils and waxes for practical sessions
4) Teas for practical sessions
5) 2 essential oil samples
- The History of Herbal Medicine (specifically, the Western approach)
- How Herbs Work: when and why to use herbal medicine. This will include several practical sessions throughout the course.
- Assessing the patient
- Clinical Considerations
- Safety/Adverse Events (including drug interactions)
- Sourcing Herbs
- Formulating Prescriptions
- Legalities (including VMD and RCVS stances)
This course is accredited through Entia and is a part of the Longview CPD certificate in ‘Integrated Care in Veterinary Medicine’ (ICVP)
The September booking form will be available once we have a confirmed location